Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hate is a stronger emotion

I once watched this movie called Gilda. It may be one of my favorite movies. It really shows how love is timeless and while our technologies might change and our society grows, the core of male and female relationships don't change. Much of the movie circles the theme of hate. 
Mundson: You're a child, Gilda, a beautiful greedy child. And it amuses me to feed you beautiful things because you eat with so good an appetite.
Gilda: But I shouldn't make any mistakes.
Mundson: No, you shouldn't.
Gilda: If you're worried about Johnny Farrell, don't be. I hate him.
Mundson: And he hates you. That's very apparent. But hate can be a very exciting emotion. Very exciting. Haven't you noticed that?...There's a heat in it that one can feel. Didn't you feel it tonight?
Gilda: No.
Mundson: I did. It warmed me. Hate is the only thing that has ever warmed me.
Here is a clip. I think if I had lived in the 40's I would've been a singer... 

No comments: