Sunday, January 25, 2009

Aaliyah movie

So looks like Canada's Keisha Chante will be playing the role of Aaliyah in a Notorious type movie which will depict the life of the beautiful singer and songwriter. Keisha is from Ottawa, my home town. I read around that the movie will be very personal and even go into the details of her relationship with our teen loving R Kelly. I wonder who will play the pee man.  I also wonder who will play Timbo. That alliance was unstoppable. 

On the topic of Aaliyah. This is one of my favorite Aaliyah songs of all time featuring Boot Camp's Buckshot.  If you know me, it's pretty obvious why I like the track. Check out Nightriders...



Here are some of my favorites:

Hot like fire - My favorite Aaliyah - Timbo track.



Age Ain't Nothing but a Number -  I agree. I think I remember singing this song to a bouncer in New York at a club when I wasn't quite of age. It worked.



Rock the Boat - She passed away on the return from this shoot. I'm glad they still released it. Sensual song. 



If your girl only knew - This song is real.



Finally here is a Keisha song in order for you guys to check out the resemblance. Home girl can sing though she's no Aaliyah. I'm sure she'll be great for the movie though :)

1 comment:

stephanie said...

i loved this soooong