Thursday, January 22, 2009

The best

My now long time friend Iain, is probably one of the few people on this planet with whom I share the most similar taste in music from hip hop/ indie/ hardcore/ punk  and now I suspect Creol music. I think what makes it similar is it's very vast and we have a special appreciation for things of refined taste (a nice way to put "at times corny"). I grew up watching Iain play improv on TV , he was the star player. At the time, I was also big into the Ottawa improv and theatre scene and obviously thought he ruled. We met years later and I now have the chance to read his crazy video blog everyday... check it out its seriously intense. He finds videos, I either forgot existed or didn't even know could exist.


These are for him...


For those of you who don't know Compagnie Creol, I think anyone who is french speaking or went to french grade school had to experience this. I most definitely spent the better part of 1993 singing this stuff. Special mention for the outfits, hipster parties better watch out! I recently saw this band on TV and they're still going strong. Who knew? I love it. 






1 comment:

BENBASS said...

Ohhhhh yeaaahhh! C'est bon pour le moral