Thursday, January 15, 2009

Alberta boy

I love Travis. I recently bumped into this old friend in the metro and hadn't seen him since my party working days had slowed down. I used to sell some of Travis's pieces during my first years of University. The secret is I didn't have to sell them, they sold themselves right off the mannequins. Girls and boys would often gasp out of admiration for the pieces... they weren't the only ones. 

Travis offered me my first piece a few years ago when I was working a bunch of electro parties. The goal was since I was the first person everyone would see they would get to see what I was wearing and hopefully inquire. Oddly enough it worked, I was asked time and time and time again where the piece was from and I'd later see the very same ladies at the store purchasing the dress.
This boy was barely done school that he already had accounts and had a collection out. Since, he's showcased his stylish, futuristic and innovative collections at fashion week and is still working on his collection to come. I love him. I love his stuff and you should keep your eyes peeled because I have a feeling this is just the beginning for this Alberta country boy...

No comments: