Thursday, February 12, 2009

No secrets

It's pretty clear I love Mariah Carey. This is an old track she did with Mobb Deep. Word is she used to mess with Prodigy. I believe it. I base my rap couple facts on Paul. Probably the only person that can play stuff for me or provide me with relevant early Kenza type songs information and leave me floored.  

This colab is nuts. I wish the video was embedded so I could show you guys how hot the video is. I mean it's no crazy artistry but for a hip hop video of the time, it's pretty on point and Mariah looks great. There's something really exciting about having listened to a song a couple hundred times and finally see the video 11 years later. 




I have to make mention of Havoc's visionary style in the video. This video was shot in 1997 and he was already rocking the oversized glasses. I can't say I'm a fan but just shows once again how ahead of the times the duo is. Kaaannyeeee isn't that innovative after all is he?

People hate on Mobb Deep post G-unit. I can't front. I still love Mobb Deep, including this club banger. 

No comments: