Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Natural Born Workers

I produced this short video when I was in my first year of University. I totally forgot about it until I bumped into an old class mate at a bar who happened to be in my group. She is now living in Tokyo and mentioned she had put it online in order for people to have access to her portfolio. I just you tubed it and this is what I found. I think the best part are the credits. It's really funny to see the things you created years back and also to think what your motivations were. Hopefully my acting skills have minorly improved since... amongst many other things apparently! YIKES!!

If I remember clearly this was the synopsis of the short:
"The video is the story of four characters that live very regular structured lives. The video represents one day in the lives of these characters. The underlying theme of the video is routine. The video focuses on the mundane and uninteresting aspects of life in a playful and amusing way instead of looking at these aspects in a purely negative manner. The video puts the spotlight on the character's idiosyncrasies with a touch of humor. The video is not only about routines but also about autonomy, and the banal of everyday life; how we are able to maintain some sort of individual identity within a formulaic society."

1 comment:

iCan said...

diggin ya kenz. i didnt forget about you....

real talk.