Friday, December 19, 2008

Gangstarr said it first: "No Shame in My Game"

If you are from Montreal or even if you have spent more than a few hours on Ste-Catherine, chances are you have had the honor of encoutering the whisttling spider man and his side kick the real white MJ in front of the massive Telus store. Mira and I both have had a special encounter with the spiderman. We once bumped into him on a late night on St-Urbain while he was practicing his whistling sounds and hand movements. He saw us and quickly stopped. We may be the only people in the city of Montreal who know the true identity of the spider man. I still remember this moment as though it was yesterday and take great pleasure in reenacting it. 

But back to my story, I was calmly laying in bed yesterday watching Tv when a commercial for the new Philips Sonicare toothbrush came on. It is at that very moment that I realized my MJ look alike dancing friend was in the commercial. This just comes to show that those who have no shame in their game often succeed. I'm sure he got booked from standing on that corner despite being subject to endless laughter. I for one have always been a fan, so this is in his honor. Kudos to you and keep on working that two step... or four...or five... 

Keep your eyes peeled for the commercial. I couldn't find it online yet. :(


4 comments:

BENBASS said...

I've seen him without is mask on once. I had to look twice cause it was the 1st time. I'll never see Spiderman in the same light.

Ever notice how he really has 2 moves?

mimi. said...

How HE is a whistler! I could listen to him whistle allllll day long.

Kenza said...

I'm putting out a whisttling cd in 09.
no joke xo

Kenza said...

Ben: Where did you see him? i really think someone could make a compelling documentary about this guy. I'd love to know how much he makes because from my recollection dude seems totally normal.

Yeah he has the hand in and out MJ style and the token spider man shooting the web move accompanied by the ziouuuziouuu sounds.